What is TestCrypt
TestCrypt is the first aid to recover data from lost partitions encrypted with TrueCrypt. A partition encrypted by TrueCrypt cannot be identified as a partition unless the correct password is provided; standard recovery tools are unable to recover data unless the volume can be mounted with TrueCrypt.
- Supports volumes created with TrueCrypt 5.1a or newer.
- Supports volumes protected by password and/or keyfiles.
- Supports both normal and hidden volumes, Pre-Boot Authentication is not supported.
- Detected volumes can be directly mounted (readonly) in TestCrypt.
Supported Operating Systems
- Microsoft Windows® XP SP3 (x86)
- Microsoft Windows® XP SP2 (x64)
- Microsoft Windows® 2003 SP2 (x86/x64)
- Microsoft Windows® Vista SP2 (x86/x64)
- Microsoft Windows® 2008 SP2 (x86/x64)
- Microsoft Windows® 7 (x86/x64)
The x64 version of Windows® Vista or newer requires digitally signed drivers. Use the F8 boot option and select "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" to temporarily allow the TestCrypt driver to be loaded. Otherwise all features requiring a device driver (for example directly mounting a volume which has been found) will fail.
I favor tools which are shipped without huge installers and can be extracted anywhere to run. This however requires that some packages are installed manually - if not already installed - before TestCrypt can be used. The following frameworks are required:
- Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0 (x86)
- Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0 (x64)
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)
The x86 version is required if you use a 32-bit operating system and the x64 version is required if you use a 64-bit operating system. This package is included in Windows® Vista or newer.
Do not install the x64 version, the x86 version is required even if you use a 64-bit operation system.
Download to current version: TestCrypt 0.5.1
To source code is located inside a SVN repository. Use the following URL to check out the current trunk of TestCrypt:
Please consider to donate if TestCrypt was helpful for you. You can send any amount, using either your credit card or your Paypal account. Click the button below to donate securely by Paypal (a Paypal account is not required):